Flow cups – Viscosity cups
Brand: Sheen Instruments – UK
- Flow cups, originally designed to perform quick viscosity and consistency evaluations of Newtonian or near non-Newtonian products, can provide a high degree of accuracy and repeatability depending on the quality of their manufacture. From their early forms, although somewhat simple in design, today’s flow cups are manufactured in accordance with the numerous International Standards which have developed over the years which not only specify the close dimensional tolerances required during the process but also their use and recording of data obtained. With our long established experience in the manufacture of these types of products, Sheen flow cups offer outstanding testing quality. They are produced from selected high grade materials, with
the latest computerised machining technology under stringent quality control conditions. A smooth, bright finish makes them easy to use and clean for a long lasting operating life. Conformance certificates are included with all our flow cups to the
relevant National Standard. Calibration certificates according to calculation data given by the relevant standard, or to internal comparative procedures are available upon request when ordering. To ensure optimal accuracy of your testing results, a periodic
calibration check of your cups is strongly recommended, either by our own calibration department, or alternatively by using our range of standardised calibration oils.
ASTM, BS, DIN, EN ISO CUPS:
- These unrivaled high accuracy cups cover a wide range of viscosities in accordance with the appropriate international standard.
Most can be certified and calibrated using the prescribed efflux / viscosity conversion
equations, otherwise can be controlled against an internal standard reference cup
with calibration test fluids.
- Made of high quality aluminium and feature stainless steel nozzle inserts
- Manufactured using high precision computerised machining
- Mirror polished & smooth finished for high efflux accuracy and easy maintenance
- Stringent quality & compliance inspection.
ZAHN & SHELL CUPS
- Made of nickel plated brass (Zahn) and stainless steel (Shell) and fitted with a handle,
these cups are generally used for a quick check of product flow.
The Zahn series are suitable for paints and inks, while the Shell series are designed with
a capillary orifice suitable for use with inks, enamels and lacquers.
- This cup with specifications identical to the DIN 53211 bench top cup is fitted with a handle to allow dipping tests to be performed. Practically all standard cups can be supplied in this version (i.e. with handle ) on request with the same accuracy
- This cup, made of bright nickel plated steel, is generally used for checking purposes. The cup is filled to the top and flow time is taken when the needle fitted in the bottom of the cup appears.